At Sambofishing.com we take online safety seriously and we also know that shoppers do as well. While most people get great results from shopping online, there is still the threat of internet fraud. For this reason we have compiled a list of hints and tips to consider when buying online.
Know the company you are buying from:
- Before shopping online, check to make sure the business has a phone number and postal address. You can even call the phone number to make sure the company is legitimate.
Check the terms and conditions:
- Great you just found an a bargain. But shipping or payment policies may make that great buy less attractive. Check the payment requirements and shipping details to make sure you are getting a good deal.
Allow for delivery time and confirm the product is in stock:
- This is most important for holiday season shopping. As busy online retailers work to meet holiday demands, most will clearly post how much time they need for delivery and whether or not an item is in stock.
Look for the SSL Lock in your browser window:
- Before submitting your credit card details online, always check that your browser displays the SSL lock. This lock represents an encrypted, secure connection between your computer and the payment processing company. When you see the lock, you can then shop in confidence knowing that security systems are protecting your personal and financial information. Sambo Fishing has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide. We encrypt your personal information, including your credit card number, when transmitting over the Internet using SSL Secure Ordering.
Read the retailers return policy:
- Ensure that you read and understand the return policy and its implications.
Keep records of your purchases:
- Ensure that you keep all records of your online transactions. Print out the receipt and make note of the order number. This is important if you have any problems with your order or if you need to make a warranty claim.
Don't be afraid to ask questions:
- Shopping online is a great experience, however it is different to picking up a product in a retail store and touching it. We recommend you ask as many questions as you can if you are not entirely sure about the product. Most online retailers will be more than happy to assist with your enquiry.